Friday 28 January 2011

Uganda’s children have their say on Viva Equip Projects

We often hear great stories of how Viva Equip Projects is helping organisations become stronger and more competent, and we know that will ultimately be beneficial to the children in that project’s care. But why take our word for it? Let’s make a trip to the classrooms of House of Joy in Kampala, and hear what their children think of the training their project has received…

Charity Nnabayego, aged 8

Over the last year, what have you seen changing here?
Teachers treat me well, and never shout or hurt us. And I go to my studies in a good chair and a good desk, so I am learning much better. I am more clever now than before.

Do you feel safe? If so, why?
Yes, so very safe, as I know now I can talk to my teachers and they will help me.

What are you thankful for?
I am close to safe and clean water now. I am very happy here.


Amos Kirye, aged 11

Over the last year, what have you seen changing here?We have such a good diet and eat well, and they give us more time to rest from our hard classes and we play. They have bought footballs for us also. This is my favourite!

Do you feel safe? If so, why?
I am now a leader to others, as I am a head prefect in my school. So I feel safe and I can help the other children to know that they are safe.

What are you thankful for?
I have good health, and my mother and father are living and take care of me. And I think that the government should provide free uniforms for us when we go to school, so I am praying for this also that God will work it.


Shadia Mwesigwa, aged 14

Over the last year, what have you seen changing here?We have proper latrines now, and a [bore] hole with clean water for us. We also can study in buildings now instead of outside, and we each have one chair.


Do you feel safe? If so, why?
I know I am safe and cared for because of the things people do for me. That shows me I am safe.

What are you thankful for?
I am brighter than I was before, and I know more. I know God better and I love to pray so much more. I am also able to get school fees for my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment